Wednesday, December 17, 2014

More Work On The Digital Power Distribution Block And In-line Breaker Switch Mounting Bed


I did some more work on the mounting bed for my digital power distribution block and in-line 100 amp breaker switch mounting bed. I stopped in at Canadian Tire with my sweetie she new ducked out to go for a quick nibble at Perkins for some fries and gravy.... Mmmmm Fries and gravy :P While at Canadian Tire I picked up a length of 1 gauge battery cable for connecting to my digital power distribution block on the Lexan plastic mounting bed I made to fit into the engine bay. That red wire you see (top right) coming from the power distribution block and going into the 100 amp breaker switch will continue on to that 105 amp Bussmann 12 position blade fuse block I have mounted under the passenger side of the car. I'll keep it a conservative 100 amps max to be extra cautious that way there is very little chance of any overloading of the circuit or fuse block. Almost done my set up on this little project, I need to add a ring terminal to the little black ground wire coming from the back of the digital power distribution block so I can found that to the car. I then need to run some 4 gauge to the 100 amp fuse block although the 10 gauge is most likely more that good enough but I'll beef it up to the 4 gauge just in case I decide to run my fog lights through the 100 amp fuse block.... I have to admit it would cut down significantly on the wires currently running from the battery down the inside of the fender, through the old antenna wire hole and up under the dash.... just might make good smart sense to do it this way, less wires to worry about coming loose or rubbing up against sharp metal edges although I have been careful to foresee anything like that and take measures against such things happening.


No comments:

Post a Comment