Monday, August 4, 2014

Turbo Hood On


Finally got the Turbo Hood on with the help of our house guest Steven. (Thanks Steve). When I got the hood all bolted on I discovered that it would not close down all the way, I could not figure out why at first but upon closer inspection it turn out that the hood latch, the one that allows to you lift up the hood once the hood is popped was just about 1/4 of an inch too big and interfered with the aluminum casing on my scanner, so I unbolted it from the hood and used a hack saw to trim it off a little and hen file it smooth and now the hood closes perfectly.

 Here is this picture you can see how the hood was not closing due to the hood latch interfering with the top of the scanner. With it fixed it closes all the way now and I can work on adding some kind of a cushion or spacer for on top of the scanner between the hood and the scanner top. Probably not really necessary but it's just one of those little extras I'll do just cause ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment