Saturday, March 29, 2014

Hidden Headlight Assemblies Removal

I had mentioned in a previous post several weeks back that I had removed my headlight assemblies in order to make getting the front nose of the car removed to swap out for the fibreglass Knight Rider front nose. I had taken off the headlight plastic bezels as they will need to be trimmed to fit the Knight Rider front nose and I had taken out the bulbs so as to not damage them. I figured that while I had a great deal of the front end all disassembled that I would take these headlight assemblies out and give them a good cleaning and maybe repainting if they need it. But what I am trying to figure out is how these connectors to the headlight motors come out?? I don't want to just take a screwdriver and start prying away at them in case I break them inadvertently. 

So I'm going to try and see if anyone on any of the Knight Rider Forums knows for sure how these come apart, the long skinny single connector was easy to see how it comes apart but these other ones look like it a bit more complicated, they need all that gunk cleaned off of them too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment