Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cleaning Up The Turbo Hood

I started cleaning up K.I.T.T.'s Turbo Hood from the donor car this evening, sanded off a good deal of the scratches and paint chips. Overall condition of the hood is pretty good, it's mostly cosmetic stuff that needs doing. I still have a fair  amount to do on the top of the hood but this is a pretty good start.

















Back of the hood had some deep surface rust close to the front. I used that liquid gel rust removers I got from Princess Auto, some stage 1 auto body sand paper and my dremel to remove a lot of the tough stuff, the rust removing gel did pretty much the rest. I think I have most of the rust off, I'll give it a closer inspection in the morning and see where I'm at. With a bit of hard work I should be able to prime this sometime this week depending on how many imperfections I find.